Thursday 9 October 2014

Army Painter Review


So alittle  while ago I found myself being drawn away from VGC paints alittle to some of the Army Painter range.

Now I still love the VGC range (My VGC review can be found HERE) and won't change fully over to AP as I happen to use 5/6 paint ranges from MP to Citadel.


For this review I'm just going to be talking about the Warpaints rather then the Dips and Sprays (Both of which I haven't used yet).


The Warpaints Range

The Warpaints range is a rather small range.: Only 36 colours, among them 27 regular acrylics, 5 metallics, 1 varnish and 3 inks. Dew to the way AP paints are used with a Quickshade (I don't use this method) the paints are rather bright and aren't paired for ease of highlighting. This doesn't really effect me as i mix with other ranges and use my own dirty wash method.

The first thing you'll notice is their dropper bottle design (Like VGC). Some people love flip-tops and  some dropper bottles, it really depends on you, but one thing is certain: dropper bottles keep the paint fresher because their is less air contact. Trouble is there is always wastage unless using a wet palette.

The AP metalics are also something special, I love them by far the best on the market, even beating Citadels own.

AP also has 3 Inks in this range which match there 3 ''Dips'' in shades, again I haven't tried these and I'm unsure if I will as I love Citadels Nuln Oil.

Anyway do you use AP paints?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...